McLoughlin Media has over three decades of experience in designing and conducting executive communications training programs on an in-house basis. Each of our seminars is designed to build the confidence and skills of executives through powerful copyrighted techniques, video recording of realistic simulations based on the organization's and individual's? issues and responsibilities, followed by constructive feedback.
Encountering the Media - a half, one-day or two-day intensive media training program, in which participants learn:
- to negotiate and prepare for media interviews;
- to structure answers effectively (utilizing the copyrighted McLoughlin Wedge®);
- to bridge over to your messages;
- to utilize effective verbals and non-verbals;
- to handle difficult questions.
Crisis Communications - a one-day or two-day seminar, focused on the key skills for organizations to ensure that incidents don't snowball into full-blown crises. Featuring realistic crisis scenarios and case studies, practical video recorded realistic simulations with constructive group and individual feedback.
- the key principles of effective crisis communications;
- the differences between emergencies and crises;
- how the media respond in a crisis - and what you can do to anticipate their approach;
- lessons from crises in recent history;
- developing a solid crisis communications plan - the key steps;
- operating under the Unified Command system;
- developing the crisis media skills of spokespeople; delivering regular media briefings;
- handling news conferences;
- dealing with ambush interviews,
- double-ender, remote interviews; live vs. tape/edit interviews;
- dealing with the internet, blogs and chat rooms and their capacity to enhance or de-rail your crisis response.
Making Effective Presentations - a half-day, one-day or two-day completely customized seminar, focused on enhancing client presentations, delivering speeches or delivering a powerful presentation for employees, customers, stakeholders or Boards of Directors.
- how to prepare for a presentation or speech;
- structure powerful messages; effective use of visuals;
- deliver spontaneous, scripted or bullet-point text;
- how to open powerfully;
- how to connect with the audience;
- how to communicate with passion and credibility;
- how to use effective verbal techniques and body language to enhance delivery;
- how to handle audience questions and challenges.
Appearing Before Committees - a half-day, one-day or two-day seminar to prepare participants to appear before Committees - Legislative, Congressional, Parliamentary or Regulatory. Utilizing actual issues relevant to the organization and tailored to each individual.
Participants learn how to:
- prepare for a Committee appearance: opening statement,
- shape persuasive messages;
- anticipate questions and challenges;
- create a tool set to help you before the Committee;
- how to deliver an effective opening statement;
- how to respond to a range of questions: personal opinion, hostility, political attacks, boxing you in etc.;
- how to utilize effective verbal and non-verbal techniques to convey confidence and credibility;
- how to deal with the media before and after your Committee appearance.
Facilitating Effective Meetings - a practical one-day or two-day seminar in the key skills for preparing and leading an effective meeting.
Participants will learn:
- how to prepare for different types of meetings;
- how to set objectives and identify critical success factors;
- how to structure a meeting;
- identify the advance work and communications prior to the meeting to maximize the timing and opportunity;
- how to facilitate a meeting: focusing on outcomes and goals;
- how to lead a discussion; controlling the flow of the meeting without dominating or pressuring participants;
- how to respond to comments and questions, encouraging a sense of shared purpose and constructive outcomes;
- how to build consensus;
- use of vocabulary: dos and don'ts;
- effective body language and how to utilize it to build trust and confidence;
- how to enhance your verbal delivery - pitch, pace, tone, articulation, volume, eliminating verbal barriers;
- how to bring the meeting to a close;
- how to follow up to ensure agreement and commitment
Risk Communications - a two-day training program in the strategies, tactics and skills necessary for communicating sensitive "risk" issues - from environmental, to public health, to consumer safety to financial investment issues, among others.
Participants will learn:
- the nature of risk and how the public perceives risk;
- the public acceptability of certain risks;
- six factors which influence the public;
- how to develop a risk communications strategy;
- public, employee, stakeholder & customer consultation strategies and the role they play in understanding and accepting proposed risk management decisions;
- ten key tips for risk communications;
- key skills for risk communicators - media interviews & news conferences, public appearances, town hall meetings & community consultations.
Train-the-trainers program, in which we train your trainers to design and deliver your seminars in a professional manner.
Participants will learn:
- how to prepare for your seminar/training course
- how adults learn
- curriculum design and pedagogy to enhance learning and retention
- how to gain and hold attention of learners
- use of visuals and props
- powerful verbal and non-verbal communications techniques
Featuring video-recorded training simulations, followed by constructive feedback.
Introducing.....TransformLeaders.ca....build your brand from the inside out Executive leadership communications training - which we offer in our TransformLeaders.ca company (www.transformleaders.ca), in which, through an interactive, supportive coaching process we work with key executives - either one-on-one, or in small groups, in their personal development and their interpersonal development. Through video-recorded simulations, we help the executive build an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses as leaders. We work with them to improve their listening skills; their ability to develop consensus;conflict resolution; convey confidence in tone, manner and style; organize their ideas and messages in a more compelling way, as well as their verbal and non-verbal signals. Call 1.613.230.9185 and ask for Barry or Laura for more details.
For a no-obligation detailed proposal about any of our seminars, or consulting services, please email either Barry McLoughlin [MCLOMEDIA@MSN.COM] Laura Peck [firstname.lastname@example.org] or telephone 1.613.230.9235 [toll-free at 1-800-663-3899]